Erythritol is a naturally abundant sweetener. It is widely used as sweetener in calorie-reduced food, candies, or bakery products. Erythritol has many advantages than other sweeteners.
(1) With very low calorific value, erythritol is called “0″ calorific value ingredient (<0.2kcal/g, suitable for almost all low calorific value foods); it can minimize the calorie of the product.
(2) Erythritol has excellent taste (70-80% of sucrose sweetness, soft sweetness, cool taste); Erythritol can make the product pure, sweet but not greasy.
(3) Good oral tolerance (0.66~0.8g/kg is not easy to cause physiological diarrhea).
(4) Erythritol does not affect blood sugar and plasma insulin concentration (suitable for diabetic patients); Erythritol can be used to make sugar-free or low-sugar products.
(5) Erythritol does not cause tooth decay (suitable for processing “healthy teeth” products); Erythritol can be used to make products suitable for consumption by infants and young people.
(6) Erythritol has good food processing performance; Erythritol can easily replace sucrose and improve the acceptability of functional products.
(7) Erythritol has very low hygroscopicity, it does not absorb moisture even under 90% humidity; so erythritol makes the product difficult to absorb moisture during storage and can extend the shelf life.
Post time: Sep-03-2020